What's New FY2021
- 2022-3-31New Release! NIES Research Introducing pamphlet: HarmoNIES No.4 “Reproducing the Environment to Uncover the Movement of Chemicals”
- 2022-3-23Annual increase in whole-atmosphere mean methane concentration for 2021 marks the largest since 2011
- 2022-3-11Re-estimate of global ocean CO2 flux using three machine learning models with new CO2 trends is released.
- 2022-3-4Video archive and Report released on 7th International Forum on Sustainable Future in Asia / 7th NIES International Forum
- 2022-3-1NIES CRM No.34 Water Bloom (15N-MC) and NIES CRM No.35 Water Bloom (15N-CYN) are now available for ordering.
- 2022-3-1Observational data of greenhouse gases (CO2, CH4, CO, H2, N2O, SF6, δ13C-CO2, δ18O-CO2) at India and Bangladesh in NIES flask sampling program are released.
- 2022-2-21The 18th Tripartite Presidents Meeting among NIES, NIER and CRAES
- 2022-2-14CGER Report "CGER'S SUPERCOMPUTER MONOGRAPH REPORT Vol.28 Development of an integrated land surface model incorporating ecosystems, human water management, crop growth, and land-use change: MIROC-INTEG-LAND" is now made available.
- 2022-1-20Scientists Trace the Path of Radioactive Cesium in the Ecosystem of Fukushima
- 2022-1-14We are pleased to invite you to the 7th NIES International Forum －Research for Societal Transformation with Future Earth－on January 20-21, 2022, online.
- 2022-1-13Projecting the future of a formal recycling industry for construction and demolition waste in Vietnam
- 2021-12-22Report of the NIES international seminar on the newly listed POPs in plastic waste and recycling streams
2021-12-13The 29th NIES supercomputer workshop
The Center for Global Environmental Research (CGER), Earth System Division, is pleased to announce that the 29th Supercomputer Workshop will be held as Web Conference (Zoom).
- 2021-12-10Japan’s National Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Fiscal Year 2020 (Preliminary Figures)
- 2021-12-9Rapid rise of decarbonization potentials of rooftop PV plus EVs in residential houses
- 2021-12-8Registration for the 7th NIES International Forum is now open.
- 2021-11-30Announcing the Publication of NIES Annual Report 2021
- 2021-11-30New database on household carbon footprints and decarbonized lifestyle options for 52 Japanese cities published by Material Flow Innovation Research Program.
- 2021-11-18CGER Report " Proceedings of the 18th Workshop on Greenhouse Gas Inventories in Asia (WGIA18)8th-14th July 2021 " is now made available.
2021-11-8Online Seminar on POP Wastes: BFRs and CPs in Waste and Recycling Streams
Friday 3 December 2021
- 2021-11-5The 18th Tripartite Presidents Meeting among NIES, NIER, and CRAES【Finished】
- 2021-11-3You and your 27 friends will kill someone
- 2021-11-1The National Institute for Environmental Studies, JAPAN COP 26 Special WEB Galleries are released.
- 2021-11-1New release! Asia-Pacific Climate Change Adaptation Information Platform (AP-PLAT) website
- 2021-9-30New Release! NIES Research Introducing pamphlet: HarmoNIES No.3 “Mangrove – the Forest that Grows in the Sea”
- 2021-8-27Predicting and Assessing Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services through an Integrated Social-Ecological Systems Approach (PANCES) is now live
- 2021-8-27The expiry date of NIES CRM No.29 Water Hyacinth has been extended to September 2031 based on the stability evaluation.
- 2021-8-27Most recent datasets of CONTRAIL (for 2020) are released.
- 2021-8-6Data based estimate of global ocean CO2 flux for 1980-2020 is released.
- 2021-7-30The climatic environment to sustain permafrost in Daisetsu Mountains, Hokkaido in Japan, is projected to decrease significantly in the future
- 2021-7-28Beating the Heatstroke
- 2021-7-20MOEJ and NIES held the 18th Workshop on Greenhouse Gas Inventories in Asia (WGIA18)
- 2021-7-16Private-public partnership helps to evaluate satellite observations of atmospheric CO2 over oceans
- 2021-7-10Extraordinary carbon emissions from El Niño-induced biomass burning
- 2021-7-9Observational data of atmospheric O3 mixing ratios at Mt. Happo observatory are released.
- 2021-7-6Global BECCS potential is largely constrained by sustainable irrigation
- 2021-6-17Video archives released on 6th International Forum on Sustainable Future in Asia/6th NIES International Forum
- 2021-6-1CGER Report " National Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report of JAPAN, 2021" is now made available.
2021-5-29Lessening the cost of strategies to reach the Paris Agreement
– Balancing CO2 and methane mitigation actions progressively along the way –
- 2021-5-20Genome Database website has been launched.
- 2021-5-13Completion of report booklet of “Policy Dialogue and Network Building of Multi-stakeholders on Integrated Decentralized Domestic Wastewater Management in ASEAN Countries”
- 2021-5-1Bias corrected climate scenarios over Japan based on CMIP6 are released.
2021-4-19Announcement of the Award～
HOANG Ngoc Han Junior Research Associate Received the Excellent Presentation Award from Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management.
- 2021-4-16Japan’s National Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Fiscal Year 2019 (Final Figures)
- 2021-4-1Newly appointed President and reappointed Vice Presidents
- What's New
- What's New 2021
- What's New 2020
- What's New 2019
- What's New 2018
- What's New 2017
- What's New 2016
- What's New 2015
- What's New 2014
- What's New 2013
- What's New 2012
- What's New 2011
- What's New 2010
- What's New 2009
- What's New 2008
- What's New 2007
- What's New 2006
- What's New 2005
- What's New 2004
- What's New 2003
- Event Information
- Visit NIES
No related articles